CPM Program in Tucson
Classes are scheduled on Thursdays from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Most classes will be offered virtually, however Course 1 and Course 5 will meet in-person in Tucson at HCD City of Tucson Sentinel Building - Sabino Room, located at 320 N. Commerce Park Loop.
To be eligible for the Certified Public Management® Program, applicants are required to have completed at least 60 hours of learning activities that address the CPM Competencies. Of those hours, applicants must have completed:
- The Ignite Supervisor Academy (24 hours), provided by the City of Tucson
- Fundamentals in Supervision (FiS) & Management Essentials (15.5 hours), provided by Pima County
The remaining additional competency-based training/education must total 60 hours. This requirement can be fulfilled through completion of one of the approved Supervisor Academies, additional organizational training, or post-secondary education credit that address the CPM competencies.
It is highly-suggested that participants are current supervisors. Department heads will review the leadership needs of the employee and department, will ensure employee has not had disciplinary action in the last 12 months, and ensure supervisor support to attend a minimum 240 hours of training.
The Application Review Committee and Executive Leadership Team will recommend particpation to CPM, and will determine final approval of applicants.
If you have been recommended, please download and submit your completed CPM Tucson-Pima Application. Applicants must submit application by no later than July 29, 2022 at 5:00 pm. Admitted applicants will be provided further instructions.
Application deadline - July 29, 2022
Program Schedule: CPM Tucson-Pima Cohort 2209-CT
Class Meeting Dates: Thursdays: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Location: HCD City of Tucson Sentinel Building Sabino Rm., 320 N. Commerce Park Loop, Tucson, AZ. 85701 and Virtual Format via Zoom
|In Person||In Person||Virtual||Virtual||Virtual||Virtual||Virtual||In Person||In Person|
|15, 22, 29|
|6, 13||3, 10, 17||1, 8||12, 19, 26||2, 9||2, 9, 16, 23, 30||20, 27||4, 11, 18|
June 8, 2023
To earn the Certified Public Manager® designation, you will need to be able to commit to the following requirements:
- Attend all program class sessions (missed sessions will need be to be completed during the next available cohort)
- Complete all assignments within the specified timeframe
- Actively engage in the learning process
The following additional requirements must be met to join the CPM Tucson-Pima program:
- Currently employed with the City of Tucson or Pima County
- Completed City of Tucson Ignite Supervisor Academy or Pima County's Fundamentals in Supervision (FiS) & Management Essentials
- Letter of support from your current supervisor
Cancellations received within two weeks of the first day of class will be assessed a $50.00 cancellation fee.
As of the first day of each class, program registration fees are non-refundable.