Executive MPA Application Requirements
Next cohort will begin May 11, 2022
The application submission deadline for the next cohort of the Executive MPA Program was March 1st. However, the selection committee will consider applications that are completed by March 31st. This means all transcripts and letters of recommendations would need to be submitted by March 31st as well.
If you plan to apply for financial aid, we recommend you apply to the Executive MPA Program as soon as possible. Please note: applying for financial aid is a separate application process; refer to Cost for more information.
Applicants must fulfill both ASU's minimum requirements and the Executive MPA Program's admission standards:
- Degree Requirements: You must have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution in the U.S. or the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from an international institution that is officially recognized by that country.
- GPA requirement: You must have maintained a “B” (3.00 on a 4.00 scale) grade point average in the last 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours of undergraduate coursework. If you do not meet the minimum GPA requirements, your application may still be considered if your Professional Experience is relatively competitive.
- Professional Experience: Applicants will be expected to have a minimum of 5-7 years of progressive leadership experience.
Applicants are required to submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- letters of recommendation
- official transcripts
- proof of English proficiency - Applicants whose native language is not English (regardless of current residency) must provide proof of English proficiency.
- personal statement - The personal statement must be 300 words or less and should include what experiences and qualities the applicant would bring to the Executive MPA program. Applicants must also discuss their career objectives and how they plan to leverage the Executive MPA to help achieve those objectives. In addition, applicants may also provide any supplementary information that would strengthen the personal statement.
The application standards for international students are the same as for domestic students, with the exception of submitting proof of English proficiency (for students whose native language is not English).
All international transcripts must be submitted in the original language accompanied by an official English translation. Translations must be literal, complete versions of the originals and must be translated by a university, government official or official translation service. You may not complete your own translation. Photocopies and notarized transcripts are NOT acceptable.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Application Process
Please visit the ASU Graduate Application FAQ Page.